When we refer to “personal information”, we mean: Information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified.
When we say “we”, “our” or “us”, we mean collectively:
The Butter Shoes Website (www.buttershoes.com)
The Butter Shoes Newsletter (klaviyo subscription)
The Butter Shoes FB Page (www.facebook.com/buttershoes)
The Butter Shoes IG Page (www.instagram.com/butter.shoes)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and our other websites, mobile applications, social media, email communications, and/or through participation in brand events or other activities. We also may obtain information from business affiliates and other third parties. Our goal is to provide you with a customized experience on our sites. The types of personal information we may obtain can be:
● Username and password for the account you create on our site: http://www.buttershoes.com
● Contact information which includes but is not limited to Name, Address, Phone, Email, Social Handles.
● Payment information which includes but is not limited to credit card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name, billing address.
● Shipping information which includes but is not limited to shipping address, phone number, email address.
● Geographic and Demographic information which includes but is not limited to location by country, state, city, age, gender, date of birth.
● User content which includes but is not limited to comments, photographs, information, and other materials that you post directly on our site.
● Social media content which includes but is not limited to comments, photographs, purchase information, and other content available on our 3rd party platforms.
● Location information such as the real-time geographic location and IP address of the device on which you use to browse our properties.
● Reading, browsing, shopping behavior, preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our website and on social media.
● Search queries conducted on our site, and other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, we may use "cookies", "device identifiers", or similar types of technology (e.g., pixels tags, retargeting metrics, etc...) to collect information about your use of our sites. We may use this information to help us enhance the efficiency and usefulness of our sites, to customize your visit to our sites, and for other purposes to make your visit more convenient or to enable us to enhance our services. For your information, "cookies" are files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by a website, and "device identifiers" are files that are stored on your mobile device that identify your device. In addition, we may use third parties to provide products and services to you through our sites. These third parties may employ cookies, device identifiers, or similar technologies.
When you visit our sites, we may automatically collect certain non-identifying information about you, such as the computer operating system or mobile device that you use to access our sites, your Internet Protocol address, your browser type and settings, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer, the date and time that you access our sites, the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to our sites, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our sites, search terms that visitors use to reach our sites, information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns) and links and advertisements that you click on within our sites and other technical information that assists us in improving our services.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"), and the Google Analytics tracking code implemented by us supports Display Advertising and its features (e.g., Retargeting, Google Display Network, Google Smart Shopping). We will not facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from such Display Advertising features unless you have first been provided with abundant notice of and given us your prior affirmative (i.e. opt-in) consent to that merger.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
● Maintain membership requests on our websites, and manage and maintain your account.
● Provide products or services you request.
● Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases.
● Maintain a record of the purchases you make and the areas you browse on our sites.
● Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
● Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
● Enable you to communicate with us through our social networks and other interactive media.
● Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
● Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our websites, interact with outbound emails, and engage with social media.
● Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
● Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our websites, interact with outbound emails, engage with social media, and purchases made on our sites.
● Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
● Improve, test, and monitor our sites to optimize content and experience.
● Diagnose or fix technology problems.
● Enforce site Terms and Conditions.
● Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
Butter Shoes will never disclose or sell your personal information.
We use standard tracking and delivery technology to serve you relevant advertising. For an explanation of that technology and how to control the tracking, the consumer awareness section of the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website (www.aboutads.info/consumers) provides detailed information.
The networks use this information to show you advertisements for us and our business partners that are tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad network vendors collect includes information about your visits to websites that participate in the vendors’ advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you have viewed, and the actions you take on the sites. This data collection and ad targeting take place both on our sites and on third-party sites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
SHOPIFY COOKIES AND OPT-IN/OUT
We’ve listed the cookies we use below so you that you can choose to opt-in or opt-out:
_session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc)
_shopify_visit, no data held, persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer
_cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional, allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc)
_storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access
SHOPIFY PLATFORM AND PAYMENTS
Our online store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data
storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind an encrypted firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you can read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) and/or Shopify’s Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
INFORMATION WE SHARE
They are only permitted to access your information in connection with performing such services and are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit. We also may disclose the following information about you:
● If we are required to do so by law or legal process
● In response to a request by law enforcement authorities
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal or fraudulent activity
CREDIT CARD COMPANIES
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Beginning January 1, 2005, under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, we will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and address. Please submit a written request to the following address:
ATTN: California Policy Manager
PO Box 202
Tesuque, NM 87574
or, email customer service Customer Service with the subject line "California Policy" and your request in the body of your email.
WEBSITES & SOCIAL MEDIA
EMAILS AND ALLIED INFO
You can unsubscribe from receiving Butter Shoes emails at any time. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any Butter Shoes email and following the instructions. If you’ve been subscribing to our emails then from time to time you’ve also been receiving emails marked "Allied Info" in the subject line and in the email header. These emails are content paid for by partners and/or sponsors (allies). You can unsubscribe from receiving Allied Info emails. However, if you do so, you will no longer receive Butter Shoes emails. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of any Butter Shoes email and following the instructions.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We use [SSL technology] which encrypts your order information to protect it from being decoded by anyone other than us. We also limit access to personal information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that personal information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. You play a role in protecting your information as well. Because your password permits access to your personal information, please keep your password secret and do not disclose it to others.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
AGE OF CONSENT
We are concerned about the privacy of young children. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us. This age of consent also applied to inclusion in any social promotions, giveaways, or contests in which the participant must be 18 years of age and above.
PO Box 202
Tesuque, NM 87574